Comet Computer Systems only use high quality products and all products are backed by a two year parts and labour warranty to ensure your peace of mind.
We recognise that every customer is different and have different needs, we provide fully customised IT solutions for the home user and small office. We are able to do this because we are a small business and we make it our priority to understand our customers and give them the best advice for their situation. So what are you waiting for? Contact us now for an obligation free quote.
Terms & conditions
Purchaser: Individual, company or organisation, charity, local government/government body/authority, including servants, agents, employees and contractors thereof, that agrees to purchase goods or services from Comet Computer Systems.
Comet Computer Systems Authorized representative: Comet Computer Systems' servants, agents, employees and contractors, both dependent and independent.
Ownership of Goods: The title of ownership does not pass to the purchaser until goods have been paid for in full and all funds are cleared.
Cash, cheque, money order and/or direct deposit only. We reserve the right to require a deposit or alter payment terms on large or unusual projects.
Unless otherwise stated, Comet Computer Systems offers a 2-year parts and labour warranty on new custom-built computer systems, subject to the terms and conditions listed below:
- Warranty is not transferrable and only applies to the original purchaser.
- Comet Computer Systems will replace/repair any component/s found to be faulty free of charge, including labour, provided:
- No unauthorised installation, modification, repair or substitution of the components has been carried out.
- There has been no accidental/intentional damage due to dirt/dust, misuse, neglect, power surges, fire, incorrect operation, improper voltage or moisture.
- Where a component is no longer available and it is unable to be repaired, we will organise replacement with an item of equivalent quality.
- All components used are C-tick approved. Removal of warranty or serial number sticker/s will void all warranties.
- Peripherals (Printers, Zip Drives, Modems, Scanners, Digital Cameras, Web Cams) are covered by the individual Manufacturer's Warranty (generally 12 months).
- Warranty claims must be accompanied by the original invoice.
- Warranty does not include freight charges.
Not covered by warranty
The following items are not covered under warranty:
- Loss/corruption of programs/data due to virus damage. It is the purchaser's responsibility to ensure that suitable back-ups have been made.
- Loss resulting from failure by purchaser to install a reasonable level of antivirus protection.
- Mistaken or deliberate reconfiguration or misuse of software by the purchaser which results in corruption of the Windows operating system or Windows registry.
- Deliberate or accidental deletion of files.
- Software installed by the purchaser.
- Misuse by purchaser.
- Faults due to incorrect equipment installation by purchaser.
- Software problems, including damage caused by spyware.
- Software and/or equipment settings changed by a person other than a Comet Computer Systems representative.
- Damage caused due to or by Electrical Failure, Power Surges, Spikes, Lightning strikes, Water Damage or excessive exposure to dust or any other neglect on the part of the purchaser.
- Spillage or wilful damage.
- Accidental damage.
The following items will immediately void warranty:
- Opening of any covers or exteriors of the machine by any person other than a Comet Computer Systems Authorized Representative.
- Any upgrade and/or repair to the equipment not carried out by a Comet Computer Systems Authorized Representative unless permission to do so is given in writing.
- Removal of warranty or serial number sticker/s.
Service Fee will be charged where:
- Faults or repairs do not fall under the warranty terms and conditions.
- Comet Computer Systems is requested to reconfigure software and/or Windows settings altered either accidentally or deliberately by the purchaser causing the machine to malfunction.
- The service fee charged will be at the applicable rate.
Comet Computer Systems will not take any responsibility for damaged or lost items during transportation by courier.